Friday, April 1, 2011

My freind Cal Beisner speaking in Tacoma and Gig Harbor!

Come hear author E Calvin Beisner preach Sunday, April 17, 2011 at Rosedale Reformed Bible Church in Gig Harbor. Service begins at 10:50. You won't want to miss this opportunity. 

As I see things, Cal is a rare combination of warmth, biblical and theological orthodoxy, and encyclopedic knowledge. He has testified on theology, ethics, science, and economics before both houses of the US Congress (hopefully they will begin listening). Homeschool families will be glad their young people have had the opportunity to take in Cal's perceptive and winsome analysis of the vast difference between biblical Stewardship of God's creation and the environmentalism that pervades almost every dimension of our political, cultural, economic, and social life. 

I first met Cal in St. Andrews, Scotland in 1996 while he was working on his PhD in historical theology (dissertation on the Covenanters!), and I was co-leading the first Covenant High School historical studies tour in the UK. I've been using some of his books and writing and clips from his lectures, interviews, and messages in my classes at CHS for a number of years now, and have found him to be one of the clearest thinking, most biblical grounded scholars, bringing together a Christian understanding of economics and the environment that I've personally met. And he's an engaging, articulate speaker!


He is speaking in Tacoma at Western Reformed Seminary (open to the public) Thursday-Saturday, April 14-16. Along with my economics class, I'm planning to take in as many of these sessions as I am able.


E. Calvin Beisner, Ph.D., is spokesman for the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation and is also an author and speaker on the application of the Biblical world view to economics, government, and environmental policy. He has published over ten books and hundreds of articles, contributed to, or edited, many other books, and been a guest on television and radio programs. A ruling elder in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, he has spoken to churches, seminars, and other groups around the country for nearly twenty years.

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Bond, my name is Nikko and I am very glad I found your blog! I am a big fan of your work, especially the book Douglas War, and also will be your student next year at Veritas Press. Can't wait! So I just wanted to let you know these things, and hopefully will see you next year, sir.

    Nikko-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikko,
    I'm glad you found my blog too! Fill me in a bit more on Veritas Press and being my student there (sometimes things go by various titles). Thanks, and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete